Arrive at the Kilimanjaro International or similar Airport, pick up and transferred to the Safari Lodge Hotel or similar hotel in Arusha for overnight bed and breakfast. (40 km, 30 minutes)
Day 1: Meriakamba Hut (Full board)
We drive from Arusha to Momela Gate. After a short registration at the Gate our walk will begin with full armed ranger escorting us, simply we can see along the way the wild animals including elephants, zebras, and giraffe, monkeys, antelope, and often elephants along the route. Dinner and overnight night at Miriakamba Hut.
Elevation (m): (1,387 m to (1,500 m)
Elevation (ft): 4,921 ft) to 3,000 ft )
Distance: 10 km
Hiking Time: 4-6 hours
Habitat: Montane Forest.
Day 2: Saddle Hut (Full board)
The walk from Miriakamba Hut to the saddle below Little Meru is a short day but a steep climb. The walk will take us slowly along the ridge for a spectacular view of the Meru Crater and the impressive Ash Cone. After hot lunch at Saddle Hut we can make a short climb to the summit of Little Meru (3,820m) for superb views just before sunset.
Dinner and overnight at Saddle Hut
Elevation (m): 2,514 m to 3,570 m
Elevation (ft): 8,250 ft to 11,712 ft
Distance: 8 km
Hiking Time: 3-5 hours
Habitat: Forest and Moorland.
Day 3: Summit Day (Half Board)
We start early at around 1:30 a.m. to climb steeply to Rhino Point (3,800 m.) and on to Cobra Point (4350m). We reach the summit (4,566 m) for sunrise there is a possibility to see Kilimanjaro Peak above the clouds. The final part of the climb is along a spectacular narrow ridgeline between the sheer inner cliffs and the sloping outer wall of the crater. We take a short rest and brunch at Saddle Hut before continuing the descent to the Momella gate. The returning transfer will be waiting at Momella Gate to pick you to your hotel in Arusha
Elevation (m): 3,570 m to 4,565m to 2,514m
Elevation (ft): 14,977ft to 11,712 ft to 8,250ft
Distance: 5 km up 13 km down
Hiking Time: 12 – 14 hours
Habitat: Alpine Desert Moorland and Montane forest.
- Two Night accommodation in Arusha bed and breakfast.
- Return transportation from Moshi to/from the starting/finishing point on the mountain
- Qualified guides with mountain crew
- National park fees
- Tents and sleeping mattresses
- Cutlery / Crockery / Eating utensils
- Mess tent (for dining) / Mini camping chairs / Tables / Candles
- Rescue fees
- First aid kit
- Pulse Oximeters
- Guides, porters, cook, waiter salaries
- Boiled water on the mountain
- All meals on the mountain (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Guides, porters, waiter, cook accommodation and entry fees on the mountain
- Armed Ranger Fee.
- Airport transfers
- Guides, Porters, Cook & Waiters tips
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Gear for your climb
- Items of personal nature