2-Day Trip to Mkomazi National Park
This 2 day Mkomazi National Park trip is tailored towards the world known Rhino sanctuary which is a vital refuge for two highly endangered species: the charismatic black rhino and the sociable African wild dog, both of which were successfully reintroduced in the 1990s. Nomadic by nature, wild dogs might be seen almost anywhere in the park; however, black rhinos are restricted to a fenced sanctuary, ensuring their safekeeping for the enjoyment and prosperity of future generations.
Day 01: Arusha-Mkomazi National Park
On this day, after breakfast in your hotel, you will be picked up and depart by private car just after breakfast earlier in the morning and drive to Mkomazi National Park. Three hours later, you will arrive in the late afternoon and drive back to your hotel in Arusha. Mkomazi National Park is located in northeastern Tanzania on the Kenyan border, in Kilimanjaro Region and Tanga Region. It was established as a game reserve in 1951 and upgraded to a national park in 2006. The park covers over 3,234 square kilometers and is dominated by Acacia–Commiphora vegetation; it is contiguous with Kenya’s Tsavo West National Park. Mkomazi national park is the compound for the African wild dog, and the extensive, patrolled sanctuary for the white and black rhinos (which are breeding) has put the reserve on the map, giving it international recognition.
- MEALS: Lunch |Dinner
- ACCOMMODATION:Mkomazi Cottage
Day 02: Half Day Mkomazi National Park-Arusha
On this day you will do half day game drive and leave at 10am to Arusha as the end of the two days Mkomazi trip.
Prices for 2 day Mkomazi National Park
2 pax – USD 452 per person
3 pax – USD 421 per person
4 pax – USD 380 per person
5 pax – USD 270 per person
- Guarantee price/guarantee Safari on confirmation
- Lunch on safari
- Services of skilled and experienced driver/guide
- All park entrance fees including government taxes
- Extensive Game Drives in the National Park
- Crater tour services
- 3 meals per day while on safari- vegetarian & non vegetarian
- Drinking water 1.5 Ltr per person per day
- Safari transport by 4 x 4 Land Cruiser (6 seat) with a roof hatch that ‘pops up’ to enable easy viewing and photography.
- Flight to Arusha and back.
- Personal & baggage insurance
- Laundry services
- Optional travel insurance
- Health requirements
- Medical and trip cancellation insurance
- Shuttle Bus Transfer apart from Airport pick up / drop off
- Excess baggage or shipping charges
- Tips or Gratitude (Recommended $10 per person per day)
- Personal Toiletries and items of a personal nature
- Beverages/Drinks (Available upon request)
- International flights
- Optional activities/excursions