This short safari is tailored toward the Southern part of Serengeti (Northern part of Ngorongoro) mainly to explore the spectacular event of wildebeest migration as they reproduce, with 1000+ of newborns everyday & all predators on the hunt in the same area. This trip takes you to one of the highlights of greatest animal movement in the world. The calving season is between December to March depends on the rains where the fertile soil turns into calving garden and nursery for the great migration.
Day 01: Arrival at Kilimanjaro Airport-Karatu
Joagro Safaris Tanzania representative will meet you at the Airport and drive to your Hotel in Karatu, the second Safari hub after Arusha ready for the next day safari experience in Tanzania. On this day, you will be packed with safari briefs on the general safari plan, accommodations and confirmation of the exactly time you will be picked up to start in the next day.
Day 02: Karatu to Ndutu area
After breakfast, depart for Ndutu Calving area in the southern Serengeti with packed lunch, via the beautiful high lying farmland of Karatu and the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. Leaving the highlands behind, we descend into the heart of wild Africa-Ndutu which forms part of the annual migratory route of hundreds of thousands of wildebeest, zebra, antelope and their predators who come to graze and calve between November and March, depending on the rains. These newborns attract the presence of the big cats-leopard, lion, cheetah, caracal, serval and wildcat. Game drive in the area will take us to alter evening where we will be heading for dinner and overnight ready for the next day.
Day 03: Ndutu full day Game drive
After breakfast, we will head out for a game drive with packed lunch ready to see the great show of calving animals with a company of predators targeting to feed on the newborns. In the evening, we will drive to Ngorongoro crater rim for dinner and overnight ready for a game drive down the crater in the next day.
Day 04: Ngorongoro Crater-Arusha
After an early breakfast at the lodge, you will drive to Ngorongoro Crater in the morning descend over 600 meters into the crater to view wildlife. Supported by a year round water supply and fodder, the Ngorongoro conservation Area supports a vast variety of animals, which include herds of wildebeest, zebra, buffalo, eland, warthog, hippo, and giant African elephants. Another big draw card to this picturesque national park, it’s dense population of predators, which include lions, hyenas, jackals, cheetahs and the ever-elusive leopard, which sometimes requires a trained eye to spot. We will visit Lake Magadi, a large but shallow alkaline lake in the southwestern corner, which is one of the main features of the crater. A large number of flamingos, hippos and other water birds can usually be seen here. Drive to Arusha where to tour ends.
FREE AIRPORT DROP OFF!!
4 days Ndutu calving Safari Includes:
- Guarantee price/guarantee Safari on confirmation
- Full board accommodation while on Safari
- Meal plan as described, B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner on Safari
- Services of skilled and experienced driver/guide
- All park entrance fees including government taxes
- Extensive Game Drives in the National Parks
- Crater tour services
- 3 meals per day while on safari- vegetarian & non vegetarian
- Travel/flying doctors rescue services.
- Drinking water 5 Ltr per person per day
- Safari transport by 4 x 4 Land Cruiser (6 seat) with a roof hatch that ‘pops up’ to enable easy viewing and photography.
4 days Ndutu calving Safari Excludes:
- Airport departure Tax
- Personal & baggage insurance
- Balloon Safari
- laundry services
- Optional travel insurance
- Health requirements (you are entering a Malaria area)
- Medical and trip cancellation insurance
- Shuttle Bus Transfer apart from Airport pick up / drop off
- Excess baggage or shipping charges
- Tips or Gratitude
- Personal Toiletries and items of a personal nature
- Beverages/Drinks (Available upon request)
- International flights
- Optional activities/excursions
- Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary
What you need to bring:-
- Personal spending money
- Additional toiletries if allergic
- Insect repellent.
- Enough film for your cameras and chargers for type G Sockets as they are widely used in Tanzania.
- Light clothes for day wear
- Warm jacket/pullover/sweat-shirt/fleece for the chilly evenings and mornings
- Sneakers, walking boots or sandals.